Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Resetting Audi service due warning
Resetting Audi service due warning

3693 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2015-02-15 07:28:45

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    tomcat
    2015-01-23 13:02:42
    I used to be able to reset the service due warning on the newer Audi vehicles. The menu under the Instrument module has changed since one of the updates and now you can only reset the next oil change perameter, but not the "service due".
    It comes up in the cluster everytime you turn car on. Anybody else run into this?

Tags: Maxisys

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-01-24 16:48:28 (Reply to:tomcat)

Can't you do it by using the channels appointed to this?

I personally feel that the MaxiSys should do this with one button click (from the 'service reset' menu) on the system but if that is not working (anymore) then there still is the 'old fashioned way'?

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    tomcat
    2015-01-24 17:27:29 (Reply to:Matronix)
    You can actually reset the oil change reminder on these cars through the center stack
    controls. But you cannot reset the service due warning without a scan tool. I've used
    my Maxisys many many times to do the reset but now since one of the updates the
    extra menu buttons that where there are not there anymore. There is no old fashioned
    way to do the service due reset on these. I wish there was a way to attach a picture to
    this discussion so it made more sense. I will try to expain the display. After you do the
    oil change reset through the car or the option left in the Maxisys you then still get a
    service due warning every time you turn key on. Then you go to service display on the
    center display screen you get two perameters. The top one is : Next oil change - 10000
    miles / 365 days.... which is the perameter that I reset with car or tool. The other
    perameter says : Service due - since 100 miles ... which means its 100 miles past due
    and that is what turns the warning message on.

•   Level 5   
    (272) points
    shazoo

2015-01-27 07:58:11 (Reply to:tomcat)

Okay but 15000km and 365 days for euopean market but in middle east and central
    asian country do 7500km and 180 days because of hot and dirty region how we set it
    with ms 908 pro

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-01-28 16:39:47 (Reply to:tomcat)

In all honesty I got bitten by it yesterday as well on a VW Polo (same thing as an Audi, also VAG group).

Tried it by the main menu option but that didn't clear the service message. Went to the group 17 Instruments and tried it from there. Even though this car uses km's, It took me to reset all options, also in miles, before the reset really was done. It worked, but I am not sure what triggered it to work.

Will try to get some testing done on this shortly (next week or so). Too busy now. Also could not change the data (edit function on bottom was grayed out) to change mileage before service etc. Weird, this did work before if I remember well (normally I just reset, that's enough)

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-02-15 07:28:45

Total1 Pages